Adult and Community Learning ‘in the loop’
Issue 15 November 2013
Hello everyone and welcome to ‘in the loop’
This is a weekly bulletin to let you know about all the changes and actions that are being taken to save and strengthen our treasured Adult Learning Service.
We can say ‘hand on heart’ we believe adult learning in Bristol can continue to improve and grow and we are working really hard to make sure that happens!
Things we’ve done this week:
- We ran a Learner Workshop looking at marketing and promotion. Some of the key suggestions included:
- Ensuring ‘one day’ and Saturday courses are easy to find in the course guide.
- Making sure the course guide is distributed widely.
- Improving the website and using posters to signpost people to it.
- Open days with exhibitions and tasters are important to showcase different courses and encourage new learners.
- We also had a Tutor Workshop this week, the tutors agreed with many of the learners’ suggestions, particularly around improving the distribution of the course guide. Some other suggestions from the tutors included:
- The need to improve the website and advertise more widely.
- Advertising in local community directories and at Bristol events.
- To use enrolment forms to analyse how current learners find out about courses.
- A huge ‘Thank You’ to the learners and tutors who came and shared their views.
- A detailed report is being prepared for the Neighbourhoods and Communities Scrutiny Commission which is taking place on December 10th in City Hall. This report will provide elected members with an update about the business plan to develop an outstanding adult and community learning service in Bristol and beyond. A full copy of the final report will be publically available and we will provide a link through ‘in the loop’ in the coming weeks
- There is still time to complete our short survey. We really appreciate you taking the time to answer just five questions to help us prioritise and improve. Thanks to all those who have already responded. Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bristolcourses
If you would like to receive ’in the loop’ by email please send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org