Adult and Community Learning ‘in the loop’
Issue 25 October 2013
Hello everyone and welcome to ‘in the loop’
This is a new weekly bulletin to let you know about all the changes and actions that are being taken to save and strengthen our treasured Adult Learning Service.
We can say ‘hand on heart’ we believe adult learning in Bristol can continue to improve and grow and we are working really hard to make sure that happens!
Things we’ve done this week:
- Held our first Learner Forum at Stoke Lodge – over 100 people came along to discuss the future of the Adult Learning Service (standing room only!) – now we are planning one at St Pauls too
- Changed the opening times of the Stoke Lodge main office—we no longer lock the office at lunchtime, so customers can now pop in at any time
- Arranged with Bristol Community Radio (BCfm) a program of interviews and adverts to help us reach new learners
- Held two tutor meetings to discuss future improvements we need to make to our tutor employment policy and practice
- Introduced a new volunteer scheme providing opportunities for learners to support the service through their hands on contributions (like making tea!)
In The Loop 25Oct13 (92.3 KiB)