Adult and Community Learning ‘in the loop’
Issue 29 September 2014
Hello everyone and welcome to ‘in the loop’. In this edition of ‘in the loop’…It feels like term is well underway now with lots of action and activity. We are really pleased that many of you have found our online booking system much easier this year.
This ‘in the loop’ highlights some courses starting this week with a few places still available.
Things we’ve done this week:
- We are continuing to develop our website and add more information, we would like to add an tutor profile area to the website so you can read and see more about the fantastic skills and expertise our tutors have. In August we had over 2400 unique visitors and the council communications team are reporting that our course guide is one of the most downloaded documents on the council website.
- Black History Month is a month of events in October which celebrate the culture, history and achievement of Britain’s African and Caribbean communities. There are lots of activities running in Bristol, you can see the full programme of activities here.
- Many of you have found online booking much easier this year with almost 1500 enrolments so far and 50% of you have enrolled online. To book any of our courses including the ones featured below Just click the link.
Still spaces on…
The following courses have started or starting this week. But, you still have a chance to join in, please contact us if you would like to book a place.
- Chinese Brush Painting – Tuesdays 6.30pm – 8.30pm from 23 September
- Clay Sculpture from Life – Wednesdays 1pm – 4pm from 24 September
- Alexander Technique – Thursdays 1.30—3.30pm from 25 September
- Plants and Planting – Monday 7pm – 9pm from 29 September
- Spanish Level 1 A and B – Mondays, 10am to 12noon from 29 September
- Introduction to Wine Appreciation – Wednesday, 7pm – 9pm 5 sessions from 1 October
- Polish Level 1 A and B (for beginners) – Wednesdays, 7pm to 9pm 12 sessions from 1 October
- Upholstery – Saturday 10am – 4pm on 4 October
- Jewellery Making (make a ring in a day) – Saturday 10am—4pm on 11 October
- Crazy Patchwork on your Electric Sewing Machine – Saturday 10 am – 4pm on 18 October
- Indigo Dying – Saturday 10am – 4pm on 18 October
In The Loop 29Sept2014 (293.6 KiB)
We are sending and sharing ‘in the loop’ as part of our on-going commitment to keep you informed on work and progress. Please feel free to share this information with anyone you think might be interested.
Please continue to get in touch with us if you have questions or concerns and please let us know your fantastic stories and experiences of learning and what it means to you, which we will be featuring on our website over the coming months.