Learn how to bring your treasured heirloom back to life! Bring your own manageable piece of furniture and learn traditional upholstery skills and methods using traditional materials. This is a practical course with hands on experience from the start, so wear appropriate clothing, as it can be dusty! If your project requires it, you can also learn how to use a sewing machine and make a ‘box cushion’. Due to limited storage space at Stoke Lodge, we advise you work on smaller pieces of furniture which are not too heavy to handle. No previous experience necessary.
Check out the tutor’s profile
Enrol online here
Course Dates 2016 – 2017
Tuesdays 6.30pm to 9pm Nicola Hamilton
- 13 sessions from 13 September £195 / £117 AC154A
- 12 sessions from 10 January £180 / £108 AC154B
- 11 sessions from 25 April £165 / £99 AC154C
Wednesdays 9.30am to 12.30pm Debby Sandow
- 10 sessions from 14 September £180 / £108 AC155A
- 10 sessions from 11 January £180 / £108 AC155B
- 10 sessions from 26 April £180 / £108 AC155C
Thursdays 6.30pm to 9pm Nicola Hamilton
- 13 sessions from 15 September £195 / £117 AC156A
- 12 sessions from 12 January £180 / £108 AC156B
- 11 sessions from 27 April £165 / £99 AC156C
Fridays 9.30am to 12.30pm Nicola Hamilton
- 13 sessions from 16 September £234 / £141 AC157A
- 12 sessions from 13 January £216 / £130 AC157B
- 11 sessions from 28 April £198 / £119 AC157C
Fridays 1pm to 3.30pm Nicola Hamilton
- 13 sessions from 16 September £195 / £117 AC158A
- 12 sessions from 13 January £180 / £108 AC158B
- 11 sessions from 28 April £165 / £99 AC158C
New course dates will be available in our next Course Guide 2017 -18 from Summer 2017
To secure your place, use the Book Securely button to access our Booking System
- Select the course you wish to book
- Select the date suitable for you
Check out some of our work below:
Tutor – Nicola Hamilton
My first experience with upholstery began in an evening class over 20 years ago, I loved it and was hooked.
I gave up my job as a Physio and embarked on a full-time, 2 year, City and Guilds course in Upholstery which I passed with distinction.
Once the course was over I set up a business with a fellow student forming Hamilton & Hodson.
I now split my time between H&H, teaching upholstery and spending time with my young daughter.
I have been teaching since 2008 and really enjoy seeing others become enthused about upholstery, as I did all those years ago, in an evening class just like the ones I now teach!
Need More Information
Use one of the options below to get in touch. Alternatively, leave us your message, contact number and email if you would prefer for us to contact you. Office hours apply.
Ready To Book
When you are ready to book, click on the button below to access the booking system and choose the course and date that suits you there.
Our Textile and Upholstery Tutors
Learn more about our brilliant tutors.