It’s starting to get back to normal here at Stoke Lodge with classes starting back this week and next. It’s so nice to have people back in the building buzzing with enthusiasm and getting to grips with loads of new skills and ideas.
Tea and coffee volunteers…
We offer volunteers a £50 voucher each term as a thank you for helping us to deliver much needed refreshments to our thirsty learners!
Our volunteers prepare the refreshments, serve drinks, clear up and load the dishwasher. We are looking for people who can commit to about an hour from 10.30am for the morning session and from 1.45pm in the afternoon. If you are interested in volunteering for any of the slots below please complete the attached application form at the bottom of this article and let us know.
We are looking for volunteers for:
Wednesday 10.30am and Wednesday 1.45pm
Thursday 10.30am and Thursday 1.45pm
There are lots of courses starting over the next few weeks that may interest you. For example…
- We have a selection of new Science Workshops in partnership with AtBristol that are running at, and include entry to, the fantastic @AtBristol facility.
- Look out for our new 6 week Craft Print Christmas course starting in November, including making cards and paper ready for the festive season.
- We also have a great Printing Textiles for Upholstery on Saturday 8th and 15th October at St Pauls.
- Edit and improve your snaps with Photoshop Elements for Beginners Monday afternoons from October.
- Why not try one of our one day workshops such as Public Speaking on Wednesday 12 October, Introduction to Mindfulness on Saturday 15 October or Modern Free Machine Embroidery with Applique on Saturday 1 October.
- If you fancy searching for long lost stories why not try Family History on Thursday afternoons.
- Or if you want to be more adventurous in the kitchen why not try Vegetarian Cookery on Thursday afternoons.
- We have Seasonal Gardening on Wednesday afternoons that will help you through the autumn tasks.
- You can try out Bridge for free with a taster session on Thursday afternoon next week.
- Plus we still have a few places on some of our languages courses starting in the next couple of weeks.