Adult Learning is part of Bristol City Council’s Employment, Skills and Learning Team.
We offer a wide range of paid-for day, evening and weekend classes. We are open to everyone who is keen to learn and our courses are delivered by skilled and experienced tutors.
Courses offer the chance to develop skills…
- for personal development – allowing you to explore an interest, skill or hobby,
- for work – to develop specialist skills you can use in business,
- and as a rewarding social experience, as a way of meeting people, sharing and enjoying learning.
We have over 2,400 enrolments on more than 400 courses covering over 130 different subjects each year.
Work For Us
We are always on the lookout for new courses and ideas. We welcome expressions of interest from adult learning teachers who are passionate about their subject and interested in sharing and inspiring others to learn.
If you are interested in teaching for us please send us a summary of your skills and experience and the subjects and classes that you would like to offer.
Any vacancies in our management and office team are advertised through the Bristol City Council Job pages.
We are also always looking for volunteers who are able to give a helping hand, for example staffing our tea trolley. Drop us an email or give us a ring to find out more about volunteering at Stoke Lodge.
Centre / Room Hire
If you are looking for a venue for a meeting, conference, event or party you can rent multiple or individual rooms at our Stoke Lodge Centre. Stoke Lodge is a stunning listed building in Stoke Bishop with plenty of free parking, and leafy green gardens complete with squirrels MORE.
To find out more about renting space please contact us on 0117 903 8844 or visit Room Hire.
Community Learning West
Community Learning West is made up of the community learning services from Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset local authorities. We work closely together under one Skills Funding Agency contract. We share and coordinate our targets and work together to continuously improve our services.
- Bristol City Council Subcontracting Commissioning Fees Charges Policy September 2015 (38.5 KiB)
- West Of England Consortium Full OFSTED Report (159.8 KiB)
- West Of England Consortium Summary OFSTED Report (88.7 KiB)