Adult and Community Learning ‘in the loop’
Issue 8 November 2013
Hello everyone and welcome to ‘in the loop’
This is a weekly bulletin to let you know about all the changes and actions that are being taken to save and strengthen our treasured Adult Learning Service.
We can say ‘hand on heart’ we believe adult learning in Bristol can continue to improve and grow and we are working really hard to make sure that happens!
Things we’ve done this week:
- We’ve been invited to be part of a national partnership bid to explore ways that adult learning can make a real impact on public health outcomes. The bid is being led by NIACE and will involve 3 local authority areas, including Bristol. The result of the bid will be known by February next year—fingers crossed
- The final touches have been added to an exciting Heritage Lottery Fund project which is planned to start in March 2014 as part of the centenary of World War One. We will be running some family learning digital story courses and gathering memorabilia and memories from learners on the impact of WW1 and other conflicts on local people, families and communities. If you have interesting stories to share, we’d love to hear from you (see email address below).
- We have been using twitter to advertise and promote courses and to share ‘in the loop’. If you are a twitter user you can follow @bristolcourses
- We have created a short online survey to collect your ideas for new courses and how the service should be advertised. We would really appreciate it if you would take the time to answer just five questions to help us prioritise and improve.Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bristolcourses
- There are still a few places on our learner and tutor workshops next week.
- Learner workshop – Monday 11th 3.30-5.00 pm
- Tutor Workshop – Thursday 14th 3.30-5.00 pm
If you would like to receive ’in the loop’ by email please send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
In The Loop 8Nov13 (96.9 KiB)