Drawing and Pastel
- There are courses for beginners and improvers on offer for those looking to get creative with drawing techniques, landscapes or life..
Some courses will run as online courses and some will start at Stoke Lodge or St Pauls. You can see the starting venue/format for each course listed below. We reserve the right to change the format of the course, in term, should safety advice change.
Painting and Drawing-Mixed ability
Try a number of media and techniques in a friendly, all ability group. This course is a mixture of painting and drawing projects led by an experienced tutor offering flexible tuition for each individual.
Mondays 1pm to 4pm Roma Widger
- 5 sessions 19 April N15D £106/£64 This course will start online and is likely to stay online throughout. The online platforms will be Zoom and WhatsApp.
Drawing Figures in Motion
Photographs enable us to draw dynamic poses that a life-model couldn’t possibly hold, especially fast movement poses. This course uses photographs of people in action: dancers, athletes, acrobats, & sports people, sometimes in mid-air. An exciting way to learn figure-drawing, with striking results.
Fridays 9.45am to 12.15pm Bill Guilding
- 6 sessions 23 April N14L £106/£64 This course will start online and is likely to stay online throughout. The online platforms will be Zoom and Google Classroom.
Drawing skills-Mixed ability
Led by an experienced tutor, learners will make rapid progress and explore line, tone, measurement, texture, shading and composition. They will be taught how to ‘look’ and how to interpret what they see. Suitable for beginners and those wishing to improve.
Thursdays 1pm to 4pm Jenny Ibrahim
- 6 sessions 22 April N19D £127/77 This course will start online and is likely to stay online throughout. The online platforms will be Zoom and WhatsApp.
Drawing Techniques Workshop
Enjoy learning various techniques to draw people – firstly body parts i.e. hands, feet, eyes, ears, hair. Then on the second day students will draw a clothed model and learn how to measure using rule of thumb, and deal with optical illusions. There will be a £10 clothed model fee payable to the tutor on the first day.
Thursday & Friday 10am to 3pm Sheila Broun
- 3rd & 4th June N13G £70/£42 Stoke Lodge
Drawing Techniques Summer School
The focus will be Elements of Landscape – different styles of drawing; mark making for sketching; simple techniques to draw trees; colour mixing and matching for skies; composition and arial perspective for spatial depth. We will work both inside and outside.
Wednesday & Thursday 10am to 3pm Sheila Broun
- 4 & 5 August N13F £70/£42 Stoke Lodge