Drawing and Pastel
- There are courses for beginners and improvers on offer for those looking to get creative with drawing techniques, landscapes or life..
Some courses will run as online courses and some will start at Stoke Lodge or St Pauls. You can see the starting venue/format for each course listed below. We reserve the right to change the format of the course, in term, should safety advice change.
NEW Calligraphy – Beginners
Learn how to create beautiful lettering in this relaxed and supportive class for beginners. This course offers an opportunity to try practical calligraphy, with a different project in each lesson. We will start with basic Round Hand, look at modern hand scripts and progress to Uncials.
Wednesdays 6.45pm to 9pm Roma Widger
- 6 sessions 9 June N28A £95/£57 The course will be delivered at Stoke Lodge but move online if necessary using Zoom.
Drawing – Absolute beginners
Ever wanted to learn how to draw? This course is for you! Led by an experienced tutor, you will learn to draw using pencil, charcoal and rubbers. You will explore line, tone and perspective through a series of exercises, designed to improve your confidence and ability.
A great introduction to one of our longer courses. For absolute beginners.
Please note there is no session on 21st June 2021.
Mondays 9.30am to 12.30pm Mary Kelly
- 5 sessions 7 June N18D £106/£64 The course will be delivered at Stoke Lodge but move online if necessary using Zoom and WhatsApp.
Painting and Drawing-Mixed ability
Try a number of media and techniques in a friendly, all ability group. This course is a mixture of painting and drawing projects led by an experienced tutor offering flexible tuition for each individual.
Mondays 1pm to 4pm Roma Widger
- 6 sessions 7 June N15E £127/£77 This course will be delivered at Stoke Lodge but will move online if necessary using Zoom and WhatsApp.
Drawing skills-Mixed ability
Led by an experienced tutor, learners will make rapid progress and explore line, tone, measurement, texture, shading and composition. They will be taught how to ‘look’ and how to interpret what they see. Suitable for beginners and those wishing to improve.
Thursdays 1pm to 4pm Jenny Ibrahim
- 6 Sessions 10th June N19E £127/77 The course will be delivered at Stoke Lodge but move online if necessary using Zoom and WhatsApp.
Drawing Techniques – Beginners
Enjoy learning how to build your drawing skills in this 5 week course, and develop drawing techniques to gain more confidence and ability. Students will use pen & ink to draw natural objects, experimenting with mark making and tone. Then learn how to draw a colour portrait and gain a likeness using chalk pastels and water soluble crayons.
Fridays 10.00am to 12.30pm Sheila Broun
- 5 sessions 11th June N12E £89/£55 Stoke Lodge
Drawing Techniques Summer School
The focus will be Elements of Landscape – different styles of drawing; mark making for sketching; simple techniques to draw trees; colour mixing and matching for skies; composition and arial perspective for spatial depth. We will work both inside and outside.
Wednesday & Thursday 10am to 3pm Sheila Broun
- 4 & 5 August N13F £70/£42 Stoke Lodge