Painting and Print
- There are courses for beginners and improvers on offer for those looking to get creative.
- Using Watercolours, Oils or Acrylics.
- Explore printmaking techniques such as stencil screen printing.
Some courses will run as online courses and some will start at Stoke Lodge or St Pauls. You can see the starting venue/format for each course listed below. We reserve the right to change the format of the course, in term, should safety advice change.
PLEASE NOTE: Online and telephone booking will
open at 9.30am on Thursday 27 August
Acrylics – Absolute beginners
A friendly, supportive and structured course. You will learn new skills to help develop your confidence with acrylics. It will include painting from still life and landscapes/ seascape. You will be inspired to develop your own individual style of painting. Fee includes materials to get you started then the tutor will advise you on what to buy. For absolute beginners.
- Mondays 9.30am to 12.30pm Mary Kelly
- 6 sessions from 2 November £133 / £83 N21A & Stoke Lodge
Acrylics – Intermediates
A friendly and supportive class for intermediate acrylic painters who still want to learn new skills and techniques. You will receive guidance, demonstrations, and help with your work. Improve your confidence to create more challenging work, whilst developing your own style of painting.
- Wednesdays 9.30am to 12.30pm Mary Kelly
- 12 sessions from 16 September £253/ £152 N22A Stoke Lodge
Acrylics – Improvers
A friendly and supportive class for intermediate acrylic painters who still want to learn new skills and techniques. You will receive guidance, demonstrations and help with your work. Improve your confidence to create more challenging work, whilst developing your own style of painting
- Wednesdays 1pm to 4pm Jenny Ibrahim
- 12 sessions from 16 September £253 / £152 N23A Stoke Lodge
Mixed media painting – Acrylics, watercolours & pastels. Mixed ability
A friendly and structured course where, over six weeks, you will work with acrylics, watercolours and pastels. Following this introduction, you may want to join one of our more specialised courses. Suitable for beginners or improvers wanting to experiment with a different medium. Fee includes materials.
We are no longer running this course in Autumn Term 2020 but check back with us as we may run it at a date later in the year.
Oil painting-Mixed ability
Led by an experienced tutor, beginners will be guided through traditional methods of using oil paints, while those with some experience will be encouraged to develop existing skills. Learners will work on individual projects and will develop confidence and ability throughout the term.
- Fridays 12.45pm to 3.45pm Jenny Ibrahim
- 12 sessions from 18 September £253 / £152 N17D Stoke Lodge
Painting and drawing-Mixed ability
Try a number of media and techniques in a friendly, all ability group. This course is a mixture of painting and drawing projects led by an experienced tutor offering flexible tuition for each individual.
- Mondays 1.00pm to 4pm Roma Widger
- 12 sessions from 14 September £253/ £152 N15A Stoke Lodge
Painting portraits from photographs-Mixed ability
Learn about the structure of faces, the fall of light and shade, and how to mix flesh colours. You may use watercolour, oils, acrylics, pastels, charcoal or just pencil. Bring your own photographs or use ones from the tutor’s collection.
- Fridays 1.15pm to 3.45pm Bill Guilding
- 6 sessions from 18 September £106/£64 N14G Stoke Lodge
- 6 sessions from 6 November £106/£64 N14H Stoke Lodge
NEW Papercraft Creativity
If you want to dabble in Collage and Illustration, Creative Gift Wrapping, Marbling, Cutting and Folding, Christmas Calligraphy and Printmaking, this course is for you! Join us for six sessions of experimentation with one of the oldest media ever used.
- Mondays 9.30am to 12noon Roma Widger
- 6 sessions from 2 November £106/ £64 N78A Stoke Lodge
An opportunity to explore printmaking techniques including mono-print, collograph, relief, intaglio and stencil screen-printing for printing on paper and fabric. Experimentation is encouraged. Suitable for artists looking at new ways of working and those new to the techniques. Fee includes cost of core materials. For information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fridays 10am to 12.30pm Barbara Disney
- These courses take place at the St Paul’s Learning and Family Centre
- 6 sessions from 18 September £115/ £72 N31A St Paul’s
This short course is perfect to get you started with watercolour painting. Each week you will learn new techniques such as wet on wet, stippling, splattering, washes and much more. Experiment with colour mixing and learn which paints, brushes, paper and sponges you need. For absolute beginners.
- Wednesdays 6.30pm to 9pm Mary Kelly
- 6 sessions from 16 September £106 / £64 N26A Stoke Lodge
- 6 sessions from 4 November £106 / £64 N26B Stoke Lodge
Watercolours – Intermediates
Improve your basic skills with Watercolours. Our projects will include Landscapes, Seascapes and Still life. Learn to control this fabulous medium to create new effects. Your experienced tutor will guide you. Drawing experience desirable.
- Thursdays 9.30am to 12.30pm Christine Howes
- 10 sessions from 24 September £211/ £127 N24A Stoke Lodge
Watercolours – Improvers
You will have the opportunity to continue to learn, apply and extend your watercolour skills and techniques to create vibrant and colourful paintings. Develop your watercolour painting style and learn techniques that enable your watercolour skills to progress with a range of interesting projects.
- Tuesdays 9.30am to 12.30pm Roma Widger
- 12 sessions from 15 September £253 / £152 N25A Stoke Lodge