Painting and Print
- There are courses for beginners and improvers on offer for those looking to get creative.
- Using Watercolours, Oils or Acrylics.
- Explore printmaking techniques such as stencil screen printing.
Some courses will run as online courses and some will start at Stoke Lodge or St Pauls. You can see the starting venue/format for each course listed below. We reserve the right to change the format of the course, in term, should safety advice change.
Acrylics – Absolute beginners
A friendly, supportive and structured course. You will learn new skills to help develop your confidence with acrylics. It will include painting from still life and landscapes/ seascape. You will be inspired to develop your own individual style of painting. Fee includes materials to get you started then the tutor will advise you on what to buy. For absolute beginners.
Mondays 9.30am to 12.30pm with Mary Kelly
- 5 sessions 19 April £106/£64 N21C This course will start online and is likely to remain online throughout. The online platform used will be Zoom.
Acrylics – Improvers
A friendly and supportive class for intermediate acrylic painters who still want to learn new skills and techniques. You will receive guidance, demonstrations and help with your work. Improve your confidence to create more challenging work, whilst developing your own style of painting
Wednesdays 1pm to 4pm Jenny Ibrahim
- 6 sessions 21 April N23D £127/£77 This course will start online and is likely to stay online throughout. The online platforms will be Zoom and WhatsApp.
- 6 sessions 9 June N23E £127/£77 This is an online course using Zoom & WhatsApp
Oil Painting-Mixed ability
Led by an experienced tutor, beginners will be guided through traditional methods of using oil paints, while those with some experience will be encouraged to develop existing skills. Learners will work on individual projects and will develop confidence and ability throughout the term.
Fridays 12.45pm to 3.45pm Jenny Ibrahim
- 6 sessions 23 April £127/77 N17G This course will start online and is likely to stay online throughout. The online platforms will be Zoom and WhatsApp.
- 6 sessions 11 June £127/77 N17H This course will be delivered at Stoke Lodge but will move online if necessary using ZOOM and WhatsApp.
Painting and Drawing-Mixed ability
Try a number of media and techniques in a friendly, all ability group. This course is a mixture of painting and drawing projects led by an experienced tutor offering flexible tuition for each individual.
Mondays 1pm to 4pm Roma Widger
- 5 sessions 19 April N15D £106/£64 This course will start online and is likely to stay online throughout. The online platforms will be Zoom and WhatsApp.
- 6 sessions 7 June N15E £127/£77 This course will be delivered at Stoke Lodge but will move online if necessary using Zoom and WhatsApp.
Painting portraits from photographs-Mixed ability
Learn about the structure of faces, the fall of light and shade, and how to mix flesh colours. You may use watercolour, oils, acrylics, pastels, charcoal or just pencil. Bring your own photographs or use ones from the tutor’s collection.
We are not running this course in Spring Term 2021. Dates may be added for later in 2021.
An opportunity to explore printmaking techniques including mono-print, collograph, relief, intaglio and stencil screen-printing for printing on paper and fabric. Experimentation is encouraged. Suitable for artists looking at new ways of working and those new to the techniques. Fee includes cost of core materials. For information email: email@example.com
Fridays 10am-12.30pm Barbara Disney
- 6 sessions from 11 June £115/£77 N31E St Paul’s Learning Centre
Printmaking & Surface Design Summer School 2021
The summer school encourages a multi-disciplinary approach to working on paper and fabric. The course is intensive giving the opportunity to become immersed in the process of making and creativity. Suitable for both those new to printmaking and experienced artists.
Monday to Friday (all week) 10am to 4pm Barbara Disney
- 2 to 6 August N31F £232/£145 St Paul’s Learning and Family Centre
This short course is perfect to get you started with watercolour painting. Each week you will learn new techniques such as wet on wet, stippling, splattering, washes and much more. Experiment with colour mixing and learn which paints, brushes, paper and sponges you need. For absolute beginners.
Wednesdays 6.30pm to 9pm Mary Kelly
- 6 sessions 9 June N26E £106/£64 This course will be delivered at Stoke Lodge but will move online if necessary using ZOOM and WhatsApp.
Watercolours – Intermediates
Improve your basic skills with Watercolours. Our projects will include Landscapes, Seascapes and Still life. Learn to control this fabulous medium to create new effects. Your experienced tutor will guide you. Drawing experience desirable. This course will be delivered online via Zoom.
Thursdays 9.30am to 12.30pm Christine Howes
- 5 sessions 25 February £110/£75 N24C Online via Zoom
- 6 sessions 22 April £132/£80 N24D Online via Zoom
Watercolours – Improvers
You will have the opportunity to continue to learn, apply and extend your watercolour skills and techniques to create vibrant and colourful paintings. Develop your watercolour painting style and learn techniques that enable your watercolour skills to progress with a range of interesting projects.
Tuesdays 9.30am to 12.30pm Roma Widger
- 6 sessions 20 April N25D £127/77 This course will start online and will probably stay online throughout. The online platforms will be Zoom and WhatsApp.
- 6 sessions 8 June N25E £127/£77 This course will be delivered at Stoke Lodge but will move online if necessary using ZOOM and WhatsApp.