Adult and Community Learning ‘in the loop’
Issue 21 March 2014
Hello everyone and welcome to ‘in the loop’
Making sure that adult learning in Bristol continues to improve and grow.
Things we’ve done this week:
- This week Jane Taylor, Service Manager, represented Bristol City Council at an important Local Government Association Conference on ‘Future Skills’. Important links were made with other areas that are improving their local skills services—making sure that everyone has an opportunity to learn new skills.
- The proposed playground and car park development was approved at a recent Neighbourhood Partnership. We’ll be working closely with colleagues in the Property team to agree timescales and ensure minimum disruption to learners.
- Jane has had her first meeting with John Readman—Strategic Director for our new Department (People). John was previously a Director in Hull and part of his responsibility included a thriving Adult and Community Learning Service. John is really interested in our progress and he wants to see a higher profile for skills and learning in Bristol.
- A mini ‘summer term’ course booklet is available now with dates and times of all the courses at Stoke Lodge and St Pauls starting in the summer term.
- Don’t forget Mothers Day on Sunday 30th March . Why not treat Mum to a gift voucher, or a place on a summer course or workshop.
How about Tai Chi, Floristry, Stained Glass or Sewing. Maybe she would like one of our ‘Discover..’ language courses or to explore the family history. If you really want to push the boat out why not treat her to the fabulous Italian Study Weekend.
“Felice Festa della Mamma!”