Well the weather outside really is frightful this morning at Stoke Lodge. Even the squirrels and dog walkers have thought better of it and are nowhere to be seen!
We just wanted to take a moment to wish all our learners, volunteers and supporters a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from all of us here at Stoke Lodge.
We will be back open, bright eyed and bushy tailed on Monday 4th January.
Courses Running in 2016
We hope to see many of you learning with us in the new year, after all how can you resist the chance to …
- Start 2016 by getting creative with Painting and Arts or Pottery and Sculpture (were you inspired by BBC’s Great Pottery Throw Down?)
- Run yourself up some new gear or spruce up your home with Sewing, Dressmaking and Upholstery
- Prepare for summer sun with holiday language courses in Italian Portuguese and Spanish
- Get an IPad for Christmas? – Wow you must have been good! Get going with IPads- technology on the move
- Delve into Stuarts, Whigs and Prime Ministers on one of our History courses or delve into your own Family History
- Make that new year resolution actually happen this year with one of our Healthy Living courses
Plus we have 3 brand spanking new courses starting with 3 great new tutors…
New Courses in the New Year
Was your Christmas full of lively debate? Did you have the same arguments as every year and have to concede to Uncle Reg as usual?
Why not sign up to Enjoying a Good Argument
If you like discussing interesting and topical issues you will love this course. We will look at what makes a good argument and how to spot a bad argument! We will explore some moral dilemmas and see how hard it is to argue consistently.
Explore creative writing with The Writer’s Treasure Chest
A Fun day to tickle your imagination, simulate your powers of expression, release the inner critic, and get the writing flowing.
Pick up tips and techniques to keep you writing. open to all, whether you are new to writing or looking for fresh inspiration.
Maybe you fancy fresh eggs every morning and would like to learn about keeping Chickens for Eggs and Fun!
This course will equip you with all you need to know to start keeping chickens in your garden or allotment. You will leave knowing how much space is necessary for happy chickens : top health tips to maximise chicken health and egg production: food and housing choices : set up and on-going costs: what and how to get maximum joy from theses brilliant birds
See you all in the new year