We are delighted to be able to welcome back some of our classes in person.
We have been working hard to make sure we have all the necessary arrangement in place to reduce risks and create an environment which is as safe as possible.
What have we been doing:
- All our risk assessments and arrangements have been consulted with and signed off by Bristol City Council’s Health and Safety team as ‘Covid Secure’.
- We are continuing to monitor safety advice and guidance and will be updating and amending risk assessments and arrangements in line with best practice.
- We have additional cleaning and sanitising arrangements in place at Stoke Lodge.
- Your classroom has been arranged to ensure the best possible social distancing and following national government guidance.
- Each classroom has a sanitising station with hand gel and sanitising supplies. You are welcome to use these to wipe down your desk or workspace if you wish.
- We are sorry that for the time being we will not be able to provide any refreshments for learners, as we know that the coffee breaks are all part of the experience! We will continue to review this during the term.
- Your tutor has been provided with a visor which they will use where social distancing is not possible.
What you can do to help:
- Wash and/or sanitise your hands on arrival
- Follow signage and building usage arrangements whilst on site.
- Wear a mask when arriving for your class and when leaving
- Wear a mask (if you are able to do so) in communal areas such as toilets and when moving around the building.
- Keep your distance around the site and limit contact time with people outside of your class bubble.
- Stick to your desk/work station
- During class limit close contact time and consider wearing a face covering. For example where a tutor needs to be briefly closer to demonstrate a technique or look at your work.
- Wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Follow your tutor’s guidance on the use of any shared equipment or materials. For example sanitising tools and limiting sharing where possible.
- Report any illness or symptoms immediately.
- Anyone showing symptoms should self-isolate and arrangements will be made for them to safely leave the site.