In The Loop – 11 December 2020
Spring term is on the way… I am delighted to tell you that our Spring term courses are now available to view on our website.
Spring Term 2021 Courses Now Online
Online booking opens later today, and you will be able to book over the phone from 9am Monday.
Courses are listed on both our website and our secure booking site.
You can browse through courses on either, but will have to log into the secure booking site to enrol and pay. The phone number for Stoke Lodge is 0117 903 8844
We have plenty of old favourites as well as some new and exciting courses for you to try. We have lots of new gardening courses planned including a 5 week courses on herbs and lots of one off sessions on a range of subjects.
- A new Literature course on Hemingway, more Creative Writingand new Film Studies courses including one on Getting Better with Age! (aren’t we all).
- New History courses on Ancient Greek and French History and American presidents.
- New Embroidery courses – Creative Stitch focusing on Spring colours and a new Developing Floristry Skills course.
- New online Social History lectures on The Agricultural Revolution and Bristol’s 1832 Cholera Epidemic.
- Some great new Health and Wellbeing courses including a 30-minute, posture improving, Lunchtime Desk Workout and a Mindful Walking Group
- New shorter format for our Bridge courses – 5-week courses
- Lots of fantastic Arts and creative courses including a look at Drawing Figures in Motion, Spring Stained Glass and Papercraft Creativity.
- Lots of new Cultural courses across our language’s programmes on history, literature, films, art and different regions.
Some courses will continue online at the moment, but we are planning for ‘in person’ courses from January too, so there are lots of options.
We sometimes have to cancel courses due to low enrolments only to find we have people calling to enrol at the last minute! If you see something you fancy, don’t delay enrolling! Ultimately, if we did have to cancel the course, you would get a full refund.
The Gift of Learning
There is also still time to get an Adult Learning Gift voucher if you are looking for a Christmas gift.
You can buy a voucher for any amount or for a specific course or workshop in the new year.
We have E vouchers that can be emailed out to you as well as paper versions available to collect from Stoke Lodge. Much nicer than socks!
My thanks and warmest wishes as always. I’m an eternal optimist, but it does feel like some of the news is taking a more positive turn.
We have vaccinations starting in Bristol this week and (at last check) cases down on last week.
So my quote this week is form that famous pessimist Eeyore – and if he can see a little brightness on the horizon I think we might be ok.
Take care and stay safe
“It’s snowing still,” said Eeyore gloomily.
“So it is.”
“Yes,” said Eeyore. “However,” he said, brightening up a little, “we haven’t had an earthquake lately.”
― A.A. Milne