Covid update following yesterday’s government announcement (8.12.21)
I am sure many of you are concerned about the new omicron variant and wondering what the impact on classes might be following the latest government advice.
At this stage there is no change to the advice for education settings and no changes to the arrangements we currently have in place.
- As now, learners are asked to wear masks in and around the building and when in close contact with other learners and with the tutor.
- We are ventilating rooms regularly. You don’t have to have windows open throughout the class but perhaps opening the windows during the break for some fresh air.
- Regular handwashing and sanitising is also recommended.
- Anyone who is unwell or has any Covid symptoms should not come to class and should get a Covid PCR test.
- Anyone who does test positive should contact Stoke Lodge as soon as possible.
Outside of the classroom we encourage everyone to get vaccinated, and to take regular Lateral Flow tests.
We will continue to monitor the advice over the Christmas break.