In this edition of in the loop you will find a fantastic selection of courses starting after half term still available to book. You can see all our courses at www.bristolcourses.com and can book online via the links below.
If you would prefer to speak to a real person you can call us at Stoke Lodge on 0117 903 8844.
Painting and Drawing…
- Life Drawing-Mixed Ability – Fri 9.45 to 12.15pm for 6 weeks from 10 June with Bill Guilding
- Drawing Skills-Mixed Ability – Thurs 1 to 4pm for 6 weeks from 9 June with Jenny Ibrahim
- Mixed Media Painting – Thurs 1 to 4 pm for 5 weeks from 9 June with Mary Kelly
- Watercolours-Improvers – Tues 9.30 to 12.30pm for 6 weeks from 7 June with Roma Widger
- Watercolours-Intermediates – Thurs 9.30 to 12.30pm for 6 weeks from 9 June with Roma Widger
- Oil Painting-Improvers – Thurs 10 to 12.30pm for 6 weeks from 9 June with Warren Sealey
- Stained Glass Workshop-Intermediates/Advanced – Wed 1.30 to 4pm for 5 weeks from 8 June with Ruth Adams
- Stained Glass Workshop-Beginners – Wed 4.30 to 7pm for 5 weeks from 8 June with Ruth Adams
- Pottery For Pleasure – Thurs 6.15 to 8.45pm for 5 weeks from 9 June with Isobel Morris
- Pottery With Sculpture – Wed 1 to 3.30pm for 5 weeks from 8 June with Isobel Morris
- Upholstery – Mon 1 to 3.30pm for 6 weeks from 6 June with Nicky Hamilton
- Learning To Sew-And More! – Friday 10 to 12.30pm or 1 to 3.30pm for 6 weeks from 10 June with Marilyn Mitchelmore
Film, Computers and History…
- The Art Of Black Comedy – Fri 1.30 to 3.pm for 5 weeks from 10 June with Davide Ariasso
- Refresh Your Computer Skills – Wed 10 to 12noon for 4weeks from 8 June with Carmel Zapata
- The Spanish Civil War and its implications for Contemporary Spain – Thurs 12.45 to 14.45pm for 5 weeks from 9 June with Gorka Diaz
- Family History – Thur 2 to 4pm for 5 weeks from 16 June with Rosemary Caldicot
Gardening and Willow…
- Propagating plants by seed and vegetative techniques (spring & summer) – Friday 10 to 4pm, 1 session on 10 June with Andy Coombe
- Introduction to Lawn Care – Fri 10 to 4pm, 1 session on 1 July with Andy Coombe
- Willow Plant Support Workshop – Sat 10 to 4pm, 1 session on 18 June with Sarah Edwards
- Literatura y Cine Hispánico Contemporáneo – celebrado en espanol, – Wed 12.45 to 14.45pm for 5 weeks from 8 June with Gorka Diaz
- Italian Day: Leonardo da Vinci – in Italiano – Sat 10 to 1pm, 1 session on 18 June with Marika Parisi
- Holiday Spanish – Tuesdays 10 to 3pm, 2 sessions on 28 June & 5 July with Luz Lecomte
Platinum Jubilee Weekend
It won’t have escaped your notice that Platinum Jubilee celebrations will be happening across the country to celebrate 70 years of service by Her Majesty the Queen.
It’s an impressive milestone and there are lots of local events going on, so we wish all of them well, and keep our fingers crossed for a sunny weekend for everyone. I spotted this fantastic crochet postbox topper in Bath at the weekend – great fun, I particularly love the corgi!
If you don’t have any celebrations planned but fancy a royal themed activity you can download some activities from the official Platinum Jubilee website.
On Sunday 5 June College Green will be hosting the Big Jubilee Lunch with food, live music, and family activities. If you prefer to watch from the comfort of home the BBC will be starting their jubilee programmes with Trooping the Colour on Thursday 2 June from 10am culminating with a special jubilee flypast over the palace.
In other royal news this week Jane Taylor, our Head of Service for Employment, Skills and Learning and Angela Marshall the Adult and Community Learning Manager were lucky enough to attend a Buckingham Palace Garden Party, as a thank you for their work and commitment to Adult and Community Learning over many years.
They scrubbed up well and did a fantastic job of representing the whole Employment, Skills and Learning team in the beautiful grounds of the palace. They were able to take a few photos of the event including a great shot of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge looking very stylish. A well-deserved treat for both Jane and Angela – how exciting!
BS9 Arts Trail
In just a couple of weeks Stoke Lodge will once again be hosting artists as part of the BS9 Arts Trail.
The trail takes place on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June and Stoke Lodge will be open from 11am to 5pm.
We have 12 artists exhibiting and there will also be a display of learners work in the foyer. You can find all about the trail here and find out more information on all the artists and venues taking part this year. We are delighted to be part of the event once again and really looking forward to seeing all the fantastic creations – it’s always a wonderfully inspiring weekend.
Whatever your plans for the half term and the next few weeks, I wish you good weather and good fortune. I hope I get to see many of you at Stoke Lodge over the summer term.