I do hope you have all enjoyed the easter break. Here’s hoping that the rain eases off soon and we get some much-needed sunshine.
Summer Term Course
As we head into the Summer term we have some fantastic new courses planned.
There are still a few places available on the courses below, all starting soon…
- Classic Hollywood And Feminism?!, Mon 4.30pm to 6pm from 17 April with Davide – Online F21E
- Watercolours-Improvers, Tue 9.30am to 12.30pm from 18 April with Roma D22C
- Improve your Computer Skills, Wed 1pm to 4pm from 19 April with Carmel CIM3
- A Beginner’s Guide To Writing Fiction, Wed 7pm to 9pm from 19 April with Carolyn F23B
- Pottery With Sculpture, Wed 1pm to 3.30pm from 19 April with Isobel P21E
- Oil Painting-Absolute Beginners, Thu 1.30pm to 4pm from 20 April with Warren D15E
- British Political Mavericks 1660-2018, Thu 1pm to 3pm from 20 April with John HIJ3
- Contemporary Hispanic Literature and Film, Thu 9.45am to 11.45 am from 20 April Gorka LAS40
- Printmaking, Fri 10am to 12.30pm from 21 April with Barbara – St Pauls P20E
- Introduction To Floristry, Fri 10am to 3.30pm from 21 April with Kathryn P23C
- Homemade Botanical Beauty & Wellbeing Products, Tues 10am to 12noon from 25 April with Faith W30D
Want to dip your toe into something new?
Why not try our one-off History Taster sessions with Richard…
- Homer’s Iliad, Tue 10am to 12noon on 18 April with Richard HIR6
- Women in the Classical World, Wed 10am to 12 noon on 19 April with Richard HIR8
We are open for classes on Saturday 22 April and there are still a few places left on some of our Saturday workshops.
- How to live well – using Philosophy for Happiness, 10am to 4pm with Jim PJM2
- Italian Cookery: Arancini, 10am to 3pm with Marika COM1
- Fiction Writing Workshop, 10am to 4pm with Carolyn F25A
- 3D crochet – Cactus, 10am to 4pm with Cristina Valladares T73B
- Drawing Skills Workshop, 10am to 4pm with Jenny D31D
- Acrylic & Watercolour: Space For Creativity, 10am to 4pm Sat&Sun April 22&23 with Laurel D28G
A big congratulations to two of our very talented learners Gilly Johnson and Sarah Costeloe.
Gilly and Sarah both had works selected to be part of a trail of images of Bristol. The exhibition was run by the CASS Art shop on Park Street and their works were chosen from hundreds of submissions.
Below you can see ‘Barge on Bristol’ by Gilly Johnson and ‘Monarch of the Gully’ by Sarah Costeloe. Both artists attend Acrylic Painting classes here at Stoke Lodge.
Congratulations to you both – we are so delighted that your work and talent has been recognised and showcased.
Another big congratulations to gardening tutor Jon Wheatley.
Jon has been part of the Adult Learning family for many years. As well as tutoring Jon is a well-known garden and plant expert.
Recently Jon has been awarded the Royal Horticultural Society ‘Victoria Medal of Honour’ the VMH was established in 1897 to allow the RHS Council to honour horticulturists deserving of special honour. Only 63 medals may be held at any one time to commemorate the 63 years of Queen Victoria’s reign.
You can see a photo of Jon receiving his medal on the RHS website here
As always, we look forward to seeing many of you over the summer term.