Hello everyone and warm welcome back to the autumn term at Adult Learning. I hope you all enjoyed our glorious summer and are looking forward to re-joining us here at Stoke Lodge for continued courses or something completely new!
Cookery classes in Stoke Lodge kitchen
We have some new and exciting cookery courses coming up at Stoke Lodge with a chance to try your hand at something different. For example staring soon we have…
- Winter Warmers – Monday 1st October 10.30am- 3.30pm
- Inspired by Mexico – Tuesday 2 October 10.30am-3.30pm
- Age-Well for less: Health and nutrition – Tuesday 9th October 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Look and Cook: Beginners to Winners – Thursday 4th October 5pm-7pm
- Store Cupboard Cookery – Saturday 6th October 10.30-3.30pm
Plus lots more this term and throughout the year.
Something is coming to Stoke Lodge… curious?
“Do crabs think people walk sideways?” “What is our soul?” “What is gravity made of?”
On Monday 1st October ‘We The Curious’ (previously At Bristol) are bringing a special installation to the grounds of Stoke Lodge for one day only! A strange structure coming to life with questions and curiosity. What will you ask?
Tea and Coffee volunteers
We are delighted this term to welcome PROPS. PROPS are an independent charity providing opportunities and support for adults with learning difficulties. PROPS will be serving tea and coffee on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. All the volunteers are new to Stoke Lodge and I know everyone will say hello and make them welcome.
Macmillan Coffee Morning
On Monday 24th September we will be hosting a coffee morning in aid of Macmillan.
There will be some yummy cakes as well as the usual tea and biscuits (and if you would like to bring/donate a cake that would be fantastic). Everyone is welcome to pop in and join us between 10am and 4pm.
Don’t forget many of our courses can be arranged for special occasions and special bookings.
Fancy bunting or garter making as part of a Hen night, a birthday cookery, pop painting or creative workshop. You can see more detail on page 7 of the course guide.
A few of the other courses coming up this term include…
- Sewing and Textiles: Make a Bag in a Day (10th Nov) and
- Getting to Know your Sewing Machine (11th Oct)
- Gardening: Tree Identification (6th Oct) and
- Basket Weaving (3rd Oct),
- Family History (various dates),
- Arts: Life Drawing for Beginners (28th Sept) and
- Soapstone Carving (4th Oct)
- Public Speaking (4th Oct),
- Health and Wellbeing: Mindfulness (28th Sept)
- American History: Founding Fathers (25th Sept)