Hello everyone we are really pleased to see so many of you joining us for classes this autumn term. Our term has kicked off really well with many familiar faces returning and some new faces we are delighted to welcome too.
We have some lovely courses still to come this term including…
- Festive Pastels Demonstration A92D – a taster session on Thursday 29th November 7-8.30pm, just £5
- Getting to know your Sewing Machine A47C – a one off session on Wednesday 7th November 6-9pm
- Jewellery Making intermediates A41A – a 6 week course starting on Friday 9th November 1-3.30pm
- Bag in a Day workshop A48A – a one off Saturday workshop on 10th November – perfect for Christmas presents.
- Bag Making A48B – following on from the workshop we have a 5 week course starting Wednesday 14th November
- West Country Wonders – Demo and Dine Cookery Course CWCD1 one session showcasing seasonal local ingredients on Saturday 17th November
- Moroccan and North African Cuisine CNAC1 – introducing dishes from North Africa on Thursday 15 November
- Wine – Anything but Chardonnay or Cabernet WAC1 – one off session on Saturday 17th November
- Family History Intensive Research Day FHRD1 – a one day intensive session on Saturday 1st December
Stoke Lodge Garden
Many of you will have seen bits of work happening to the garden area at the front of the house. This follows some Neighbourhood Partnership funding to clear and improve the area to create a tranquil garden space for anyone and everyone to enjoy.
The area has been cleared and a path added to improve access. Some of the garden has been grass seeded but we have a great big long flower bed and 2 raised beds we would like to get planted up.
A small group of residents and staff have met to develop a bit of a planting plan and we have purchased a selection of shrubs ready to plant up from the fantastic Blaise Nursery. As the weather is getting colder we are keen to get things in the ground and bedded in before the winter takes hold.
If you would like to volunteer to help get us started on this space we would love you to join us for a Planting Day on Friday 9th November 10am to 3pm.
We’ll have supplies of tea and biscuits but you’ll need to bring your own wellies! If you have gardening gloves and a spade or trowel that would also be helpful. All welcome!
Bristol Tree of the Year 2018
The Lucombe Oak here at Stoke Lodge is a candidate for Bristol Tree of the year 2018. If you would like to cast your vote for this amazing tree you can follow the link below.
Voting closes on the 15th November and all you need to vote is to enter your email address.Vote for Lucombe Oak at Stoke Lodge
A big THANK YOU to everyone who took part in our Macmillan Coffee morning in September. You helped to raise an amazing £447.