Hello everyone, we are so excited to be welcoming many of you back to classes from next week.
Courses have been really popular and although many of our courses are now full, there are still some courses available to join.
If you know what you want, don’t hang around, the last few spaces are going fast so get in touch ASAP to avoid disappointment!
All courses are on www.bristolcourses.com or you can give us a call on 903 8844.
Some of the great courses with a few places available include:
- Drawing from the Masters, Mon 1pm to 3.30pm for 6 sessions from 13 Sept with Warren B60A
- Calligraphy for Beginners, Wed 6.45pm to 9pm for 6 sessions from 15 Sept with Roma B54A
- Creative Stitch – Illuminated Letters, Mon 1pm to 4pm for 5 sessions from 20 Sept with Debby C12A
- Needle felting Workshop – Blue Tit, Thur 9.30am to 2.30pm for 1 session on 30 September with Elaine C66A
- Refresh Your Computer Skills, Wed 10am to 12noon for 5 sessions from 22 Sept with Carmel 5 CRS1
- An Introduction to Greek Theatre, Tues 10am to 12.30pm for 2 sessions from 21 Sept with Richard HRS3
- Japanese Gardens: History and Design, Wed 10am to 12noon, for 10 sessions from 22 Sept with Jason GJ1A
- Contemporary Hispanic Literature and Film, Thur 9.45am to 11.45am for 12 sessions from 16 Sept with Gorka LHC1
- French Book Club, Mon 1pm to 3pm for 10 sessions from 27 Sept with Albane FB10
- Teatro da Leggere e da Guardare: Dario Fo. Thur 1pm to 3pm for 6 sessions from 30 Sept with Davide LC13
All of the courses listed above are planned to take place, in person, at Stoke Lodge.
Ongoing Covid precautions.
For those of you returning to in person classes this term we still have lots in place to keep you safe and to reduce the spread of the covid virus.
- In and around the building we are asking you to continue to wear a mask. You can remove your mask once you are settled in your classroom but you may need to pop it back on for any close contact work with other learners or your tutor.
- We still have sanitising stations in every classroom with wipes and hand gel available.
- Our rooms will be ventilated before and after classes and if possible we encourage windows to be open (even if just a little) during sessions. We have extra heaters if needed but would advise you to bring a cardigan or extra layer in case you are chilly.
- We still don’t have our tea trolley so please bring a drink with you if you would like one.
- We’ll all still be trying to keep a bit of distance so please be mindful of others around the building.
- Obviously please don’t come to class if you think you have covid or have symptoms and please let the office know as soon as possible if you have a positive covid test result.
BS9 Arts Trail
Last weekend we were one of the host venues for the BS9 Arts Trail. We had 13 Artists exhibiting at Stoke Lodge including some of our extremely accomplished art students.
We had an amazing couple of days with lots of visitors. I will share a bit more about the trail and some of the amazing work in more detail in a future ‘in the loop’ but a big THANK YOU to all the artists that make the weekend so much fun and to all the visitors who popped by.
There is still lots of learner work on display in the foyer so do make sure to have a look when you are here at Stoke Lodge.
Honestly, we are really thrilled to be welcoming more learners back this term.
We have all been on a bit of a roller-coaster over the last 18 months and I know I speak for all the staff and tutors when I say, we are very grateful for the way you have embraced and joined in with our online activities and classes.
We have also really missed seeing you and it will be fantastic to say ‘Hello’ in person again to many of you.
As always stay safe and take care