In The Loop – 26 Oct 2022
Autumn is in full force now with the trees changing colour by the day. I feel very lucky to work in such a beautiful setting, particularly when the sun is shining!
Courses starting soon…
- Refresh your Computer Skills – Mon 10am to 12noon for 6 weeks from 31 Oct with Carmel CRS1A
- Improve your Computer Skills – Wed 10am to 12noon for 6 weeks from 2 Nov with Carmel CIM1
- Pottery With Sculpture – Wed 1pm to 3.30pm for 6 weeks from 2 Nov with Isobel P21B
- Morning Breathing Meditation – Thu 10am to 11am for 6 weeks from 3 Nov with Stella W23B
- Oil Painting-Absolute Beginners – Thu 1.30pm to 4pm for 6 weeks from 3 Nov with Warren D15B
- Esploriamo l’arte italiana – Fri 10am to 12noon from 4 Nov with Marika LTD26
- Printmaking – Fri 10am to 12 noon for 6 weeks from 4 Nov with Barbara P20B
- French Film Club – Mon 1pm to 3pm for 5 weeks from 7 Nov with Albane LAF20
- Reiner Werner Fassbinder – Mon 4pm to 6pm from 7 Nov with Davide F21B
- Oriental Gardens – Wed 10.30am to 12.30pm for 5 weeks from 9 Nov with Jason GAL2
Saturday Courses all at Stoke Lodge on Saturday 12 November
- Interior Design-A Beginners Guide – 10am to 4pm with Charles D73A
- Freemotion Machine Embroidery With Felt And Fibres – 10am to 4pm with Debby T15E
- Upholstery On Saturdays – 10am to 4pm with Nicky T14B
- Oligarchy in the US – 10am to 4pm with Russell HAH4
- Storia italiana il sabalo: Roma antica – 11am to 4pm with Marika LTD28
- Mindfulness & CBT for Health and Wellbeing professionals – 10am to 2pm with Jackie W20B
- French Day: Journée en Français autours des impressionnistes – 10am to 3pm with Eve LAF22
Those of you that have been into Stoke Lodge in the last week or so will have noticed we have decorated the foyer and fireplace with an autumnal feel.
This week some of the staff team turned that into a bit more of a Halloween look and got a little sticky carving some spooky Halloween pumpkins ready for All Hallows Eve on Monday so do keep a look out for them.
We may even get you to vote for your favourite!
On Friday 11 November we will be observing a 2 minute silence at 11am for Armistice Day.
We will join people across the country, taking a moment to pause, breathe and reflect on the service and sacrifices the armed forces have made and continue to make on our behalf.
As we do every year, we will donate all tea and coffee money collected on Friday 11 November to the Poppy Appeal.
Children in Need
This year we will be marking the BBC Children in need appeal with a fundraising Raffle and ‘Walk and Talk’. Children in Need is on Friday 18 November and this year they are encouraging people to get walking.
Walk and Talk – Friday 18 November between 12 noon and 1.30pm
We will be taking a short walk around the grounds of Stoke Lodge at lunchtime on Friday 18 November and we would love you to join us. Everyone is welcome and if you aren’t up for a walk (or the weather is horrible) then we invite you to ‘take a turn’ around the foyer and join us for a cup of tea or coffee and a chat. (We aren’t planning to walk for an hour and a half! – but will be about for a chat in that time.)
Obviously, Children in Need is a fantastic cause but the opportunity to take a walk and take time to talk to each other is also a fantastic tonic for both our physical and mental wellbeing so please do pop in if you are free.
Children in Need Raffle – tickets available from next week
If you can’t join us on Friday, why not buy some raffle tickets. We have some excellent prizes, vouchers and goodies donated by local businesses including Wood Butchers, The Beehive Pub, Grupo Lounge, Zest café, Al Fresco, Stages Hair Design, Lamplighters Pub, Just So Balloons, Coffee #1 and more…. plus Adult Learning vouchers for your next course with us.
We will be selling raffle tickets from next week at £2 per strip. You can get your tickets at tea breaks and from the office. A chance for a prize and a donation to a good cause – what’s not to like!
Big thank you to our newest staff member Hayley for organising the raffle and collecting up the prizes.
We have been working extra hard this term to share information on courses, workshops and all the goings on at Stoke Lodge on our social media. This is just a reminder that if you don’t already follow us, you can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter doing our best to let you knows what’s happening and keeping you up to date.
It has been so lovely to have everyone back in classes this term and we are really looking forward to seeing many of you as we wind our way through the autumn months.
As always, take care of yourselves.