Thank you to everyone who has joined courses with us this term it has been fantastic to have you all learning with us. Courses for the Spring and Summer term are available to book, with a few extra courses to be added on in the next week or two. So do book early to avoid disappointment.
Winter Courses before Christmas
If you can’t wait till the new year, there are still courses available to join before Christmas…
Saturday 26 November
- Exploring Vivaldi’s Gloria 10am to 4pm with Matthew M10A
- Oil Painting for the Masters 10am to 4pm with Warren D19B
Friday 2 December
Saturday 3 December
- Austrian Day: Advent und Weihnachten im Alpenraum 10am to 3 pm with Clemens LAG26
- Storia italiana il sabato: Risorgimento 11 am to 4 pm with Marika LTD30
- Interior Design-A Beginners Guide 10am to 4pm with Charles D73B
Saturday 10 December
- Upholstery On Saturdays 10am to 4pm with Nicky T14C
- Wellbeing Tools For A Better Menopause 10am to 2pm with Jackie W21A
And just a little taste of some of the courses starting in January…
- Cinema Therapy: What Is It? Mon 4.30pm to 6pm for 5 weeks from 9 Jan online with Davide F21
- Watercolour Painting And Monotypes Tues 1.30pm to 4pm for 5 weeks from 10 Jan with Lisa D71B
- Oil Painting-Improvers on Wed 6.30pm to 9pm for 5 weeks from 11 Jan with Warren D16G
- International Relations: Theory and Practice Wed 1pm to 3pm for 10 weeks from 11 Jan with Philippa HPW2
- Acrylics-Improvers on Wed 1pm to 4pm for 11 weeks from 11 Jan with Mary D13B
- Reiki Healing Level 1 And Attunement Wed 6.30pm to 9pm for 5 weeks from 11 Jan with Elise W22B
- Pottery With Sculpture Wed 1pm to 3.30pm for 5 weeks from 11 Jan at St Pauls with Isobel P21C
- Spanish History Fri 12.45pm to 2.45pm for 5 weeks from 12 Jan with Gorka LAS54
- Discovering your Family History Wed 6.30pm to 8.30pm for 10 weeks from 18 Jan with Rosemary FHE2
- The Persian Wars Tue 1pm to 3pm for 6 weeks from 24 Jan with Richard HIR2
- Design Your Own Garden Fri 10am to 3pm for 3 weeks from 27 Jan with Christine GAC51
- Food and Mood Tue 10.30am to 1.30pm for 3 weeks from 17 Jan with Sharn COC10
Cost of Living Support
Bristol City Council has lots of information and support available for anyone concerned about the cost of living crisis. You can find lots of information and links on the Council website here Cost of living support (bristol.gov.uk)
Support includes the We Are Bristol Helpline where you can get advice on financial benefits, food, mental health and wellbeing and local warm spaces. You can call free 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday on 0800 694 0184
Council Budget Consultation
As you may have seen in the news Bristol City Council is dealing with a substantial budget deficit and is in the process of reviewing its budgets for the coming five years.
Adult Learning, although part of the council, is funded through learner fees. This means that we don’t receive grant funding from the council. However, I know many of you and your families will use other council teams and services and the consultation looks at housing, social care, children’s education, parks, libraries and other services.
If you would like to respond to the consultation or find out more you can see details here.
The consultation survey is open until 23 December, you can access the survey on the link below.
Budget consultation 2023-24 | Ask Bristol Consultation and Engagement Hub
Big THANK YOU for supporting Children in Need
I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who donated and participated in our Children in Need raffle. The grand total raised was £617. A wonderful contribution to a charity that does fantastic work for children and families across the country. Congratulations to all the winners – we had a total of 35 individual prizes. If you haven’t heard from us, I’m sorry you were not a winner this time, but your contribution to Children in Need is very much appreciated.
Thanks also well to all the businesses that supported by offering prizes including… Zest Café, Coffee #1, The Beehive Pub, Wood Family Butchers, The Lamplighters Pub, Al Fresco, Stages Hair Design, Just So Balloons, Pins & Needles, Max Minerva’s Book Shop, Westbury Park Tavern, Grupo Lounge, The Hideaway, Ruby Jeans, The Botanic Gardens, Lloyds Fruit & Veg Shop and tutors Christel, Luz, Christine and Mary, and of course to Hayley in the office who did a grand job of pulling together all the excellent prizes.
I look forward to seeing many of you as we move out of Autumn and into the festive season, we will be saying goodbye to the pumpkins at Stoke Lodge and getting the Christmas tree out of its box very soon!