I just wanted to take a moment to wish you all a peaceful and joyous Christmas break from all the staff at Bristol Adult Learning. We have loved learning with you this autumn term and look forward to continuing to learn (and laugh) with you all again in 2023.
Our January courses are all available to book right now, so you can gift yourself (or better still get someone else to gift you) a particularly special Christmas present by booking your spring course now! Still stuck for a present? You can also get Adult Learning gift vouchers in any amount via email or in actual paper voucher form from the office at Stoke Lodge.
Some of our exciting courses starting in the new year include…
- Cinema Therapy: What Is It? – Mon 4.30pm to 6pm for 5 weeks from 9 Jan with Davide F21C
- Acrylics-Improvers – Wed 1pm to 4pm for 11 weeks from 11 Jan with Mary D13B
- Reiki Healing Level 1 And Attunement – Wed 6.30pm to 9pm for 5 weeks from 11 Jan with Elise W22B
- Pottery With Sculpture – Wed 1pm to 3.30pm for 5 weeks from 11 Jan with Isobel P21C
- Get by in Italian on Holiday – Thu 6.30pm to 8.30pm for 10 weeks from 12 Jan with Marika LTD35
- Spanish for Travelling, Part 2 – Thu 12.45pm to 2.45pm for 10 weeks from 12 Jan with Gorka LASP2
- Interior Design And Decoration – Tue 6pm to 9pm for 10 weeks from 17 Jan with Charles D74A
- Get by in French – Wed 3pm to 5pm for 8 weeks from 18 Jan with Sarah LAF30
- Get by in Spanish on Holiday – Tue 10am to 12noon for 8 weeks from 24 Jan with Luz LAS45
- Exploring The World Of Elgar’s Cello Concerto – Fri 10am to 3pm on 27 Jan with Matthew M10C
- Esploriamo l’arte italiana, PART 2 – Fri 10am to 12noon for 5 weeks from 24 Feb with Marika LTD36
The office at Stoke Lodge will be closing on Thursday 22 December and will reopen on Tuesday 3 January.
Christmas and the new year period can be a challenging time for many people. If Christmas is tough for you for whatever reason – you are not alone. The charity Mind have some great advice for anyone who finds the Christmas break difficult. You can find more information and links to helplines and support on their website here Christmas and mental health – Mind
Christmas Quiz – Win an Adult Learning Gift Voucher
There are lots of Christmas quizzes online and on the TV to keep you occupied over the festive season. Not to be outdone we have created a little quiz of our own. 25 Christmas questions – just for fun!
At the end of the quiz, you can (if you like) give us your name and contact details for the chance to win a £25 Adult Learning voucher towards your next course.
You don’t have to get all the questions correct to win – the quiz is just for fun! Follow the link here to play
Win an Air Fryer with Community Learning.
Our colleagues at Bristol Community Learning are working on a national project called Multiply.
Multiply is all about finding out how confident people feel about maths and numbers and offering maths courses to people who don’t have a maths GCSE.
As part of the project they have a short questionnaire that takes (at most) 5 minutes and you can be in with the chance to win a Ninja Foodi Max Dual Air Fryer, worth £230.
The competition is open to Bristol residents over the age of 19 but not Bristol City Council employees sadly!
If you would like to enter you can find the questionnaire here. ‘Win a Air Fryer with Multiply’
There are some amazing videos on the BBC Earth You Tube channel including their Top 5 Reindeer Moments
It just remains to wish everyone… Feliz Navidad… Joyeux Noel… Frohe Weihnachten… Buon Natale… Feliz Natal… Merry Christmas to you all.