Adult and Community Learning ‘in the loop’
Issue 1 November 2013
Hello everyone and welcome to ‘in the loop’
This is a weekly bulletin to let you know about all the changes and actions that are being taken to save and strengthen our treasured Adult Learning Service.
We can say ‘hand on heart’ we believe adult learning in Bristol can continue to improve and grow and we are working really hard to make sure that happens!
Things we’ve done this week:
- Met a web designer to discuss options for a new adult and community web site – we want something easy to use, informative, bright and modern.
- Researched other adult community learning websites – colleges, local authorities and voluntary organisations all have a different look – we are getting a strong sense of what we like best!
- Provided a ‘suggestions box’ at Stoke Lodge so that everyone can tell us what’s going well and what we can change/improve – we really do want to hear all suggestions as it will help us get things better in the future.
- Organisers are now using new course ‘planners’ so we can clearly see what each course is costing us to run, how many learners have enrolled and how much income we have earned.
- Set up a learner and tutor workshop to share and develop ideas for the course guide and website.
- Learner Workshop on Monday 11 November 3.30-5.00 pm at Stoke Lodge
- Tutor Workshop on Thursday 14 November 3.30-5.00 pm at Stoke Lodge
- Space is limited – If you would like to attend please email Jenny to book a place
If you would like to be added to our ’in the loop’ distribution list or you wish to unsubscribe please email firstname.lastname@example.org